Click on thumbnails on left to scroll through publications. A list of publications is also provided below. Please contact me if you would like a copy of one of the publications.
List of Peer-Reviewed Publications
- Knapp, Corrine & M. Fernandez-Gimenez. 2008. Knowing the land: A review of local knowledge revealed in ranch memoirs. Rangeland Ecology and Management 61(2): 148-155.
- Knapp, Corrine & M. Fernandez-Gimenez. 2009. Understanding change: Integrating rancher knowledge into state-and-transition models. Rangeland Ecology and Management 62(6): 510-521.
- Knapp, Corrine & M. Fernandez-Gimenez. 2009. Knowledge in practice: Documenting rancher local knowledge in NW Colorado. Rangeland Ecology and Management 62(6): 500-509.
- Knapp, Corrine, M. Fernandez-Gimenez and E. Kachergis. 2010. The role of local knowledge in state-and-transition model development. Rangelands December 2010.
- Knapp, Corrine, M. Fernandez-Gimenez, E. Kachergis and A. Rudeen. 2010. Using participatory workshops to integrate state-and-transition models created with local knowledge and ecological data. Rangeland Ecology and Management. 64: 158-170.
- Hale, James, C. Knapp, L. Bardwell, M. Buchenau, J. Marshall, F. Sancar and J. Litt. 2010. Connecting food environments and health through the relational nature of aesthetics: Gaining insight through the community gardening experience. Social Science and Medicine. 72: 1853-1863.
- Knapp, Corrine, M. Fernandez-Gimenez, D. Briske, B. Bestelmeyer and B. Wu. 2011. An assessment of state-and-transition models: Perceptions following two decades of development and implementation. Rangeland Ecology and Management. 64: 598-606.
- Kachergis, E., Knapp, C. N., Fernandez-Gimenez, M., Ritten, J.P., Pritchett, J.G., Parsons, J., Hobbs, W. and R. Roath. 2013. Tools for resilience management: Multi-disciplinary development of state-and-transition models for northwest Colorado. Ecology and Society 18(4):39. Online at: http://dx.doi.org/10.5751/ES-05805-180439.
- Knapp, C. N., Cochran, J., Sayre, N. and G. Kofinas. 2013. Putting local knowledge and context to work for Gunnison Sage-grouse conservation. Wildlife-Human Interactions 7(2): 195-213.
- Knapp, C.N, and S.F. Trainor. 2013. Adapting science to a warming world. Global Environmental Change 23: 1296-1306.
- Knapp, C., F.S. Chapin, G. Kofinas, N. Fresco, and C. Carothers. 2014. Parks, people, and change: Long term residents’ perceptions of climate change and adaptation in the Denali National Park and Preserve region. Ecology & Society. 19(4): 16. Online at: http://dx.doi.org/10.5751/E
- Chapin, F. S., Cochran, P., Huntington, O., Knapp, C., Brinkman, T., and Gadamus, L. 2013. Traditional knowledge and wisdom: A framework for understanding and shaping Alaskan social-ecological change In: Linking Ecology and Ethics for a Changing World: Values, Philosophy and Action [eds. Rozzi, R., Pickett, S., Palmer, C., Armesto, J., Caldicott, J.] Springer.
List of Other Publications
- Knapp, Corrine. 2010. Uncompahgre Mesas Forest Restoration Project: Collaboration Case Study for the Colorado Forest Restoration Institute.
- Knapp, Corrine. 2010. Woodland Park Healthy Forest Initiative: Collaboration Case Study for the Colorado Forest Restoration Institute.
- Knapp, Corrine. 2011. Connected to the Land: Social Resilience and Vulnerability Assessment of Land-Based Livelihoods in the Gunnison Basin, Colorado for the Gunnison Climate Working Group. Resilience and Adaptation Program Internship Project.
- Neely, B., R. Rondeau, J. Sanderson, C. Pague, B. Kuhn, J. Siemers, L. Grunau, J. Robertson, P. McCarthy, J. Barsugli, T. Schulz, and C. Knapp. Editors. 2011. Gunnison Basin: Preliminary Vulnerability Assessment for the Gunnison Climate Working Group by The Nature Conservancy, Colorado Natural Heritage Program, and Western Water Assessment. Project of the Southwest Climate Change Initiative.